FASTENERS (BOLTS, SCREWS, STUDS)
HIGH PRESSURE BALLS
ALL TYPE OF WASHERS
A Shteinen nut is a counterpart of a bolt. Bolts and Nuts are used together to clamp two or more parts having unthreaded holes together. While the most commonly used type of nuts is the regular hexagonal nuts, there are different types of nuts where each is more suitable for a different type of applications. Jam, Slotted, and castle nuts are other types of nuts.
One of the common types of “lock” nuts is the “prevailing torque nut” which differs from the free-spinning nut in that torque is required during installation. A typical example of this type is the nylon-insert nut where torque is needed to overcome the resistance of the nylon dragging across the mating thread.
Shteinen nuts can be made of various materials such as steel, titanium or plastic. The finish or plating on a metal nut affects its look and durability. Below are some common finishes and benefits:
- Zinc – Most common, low cost, resists corrosion and rust
- Nickel – Very hard finish, higher investment, good corrosion resistance
- Chromium – Bright finish, good rust and corrosion resistance
- Chromate – Adds colour, shine, superior rust resistance
- Anodizing – Aluminum, hard oxide surface, excellent corrosion resistance